International standards, government cuts, fundraising, legislative burden - particularly with regard to VAT are some of the issues affecting the sector.
We currently act for over 400 charities ranging from major charities with international operations to small local organisations.
Our Charities Group draws together expertise from various disciplines throughout the firm to provide strategic and operational advice and assistance, helping charities of all sizes to respond to the challenges they face and to achieve best practice.
A number of our partners and staff hold or have held senior roles within national charities and staff are seconded to charities. Our commitment to the sector includes active involvement with organisations such as the Charity Finance Group, the Charities Internal Audit Network and ACEVO. We maintain a close relationship with the Charity Commission. Chantrey Vellacott DFK are also involved in the ICAEW Charity and Voluntary Group.
Through a partner-led service we maintain regular contact with our clients and help them to develop financially efficient organisations without losing sight of their charitable objectives.
- Tax planning
- Charity VAT planning
- Tax-efficient fundraising
- Information technology and use of the internet
- Financial management and systems
- Internal audit
- Risk reviews and assurance
- Corporate governance
- Gift Aid audit
- Charity audit including external audit and independent examination of annual accounts
- Payroll and employee benefits
- Administration and outsourcing of "back-office" functions
- Strategic planning and mergers
- Training for staff and trustees
- Maximisation of working capital
- Investment of funds
- Confidential investigations
- Accounts preparation
Our clients include:
- Royal College of General Practitioners
- Walk the Walk
- Child Bereavement Charity
- Muslim Aid
- Hestia Housing and Support
- Thames Reach
- Homeless Link
- Whale and Dolphin Conservation Society
- Royal Agricultural Society of England
- Birmingham Museums and Art Gallery